News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Leich 105 K wiring

Started by HarrySmith, January 26, 2011, 03:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

As you can see I need a "proper handset cord.
I think this phone had the latch, but the latch was field modified.

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AE_Collector

Looks real nice Jim. So that one is an 11-1958, correct? Looks just like an AE dial, fingerwheel and number ring which makes sense as they were colaborating by then I'm sure.

Looks like AE's garnet red color. Do you have an similar colored AE sets to see if the color is the same? I quite likely have some spare Garnet Red cords here if it is the same as AE's Garnet Red.

It is part of your collection and not really for sale, right?

Terry

Jim Stettler

Quote from: ae_collector on January 29, 2011, 10:11:37 PM
Looks real nice Jim. So that one is an 11-1958, correct? Looks just like an AE dial, fingerwheel and number ring which makes sense as they were colaborating by then I'm sure.

Looks like AE's garnet red color. Do you have an similar colored AE sets to see if the color is the same? I quite likely have some spare Garnet Red cords here if it is the same as AE's Garnet Red.

Terry

Terry

Terry
Terry,
From what I can tell , Leich used the same plastic supplier as AE and the colors are the same. I need a handset cord and a line cord if possible. I could use Med blue cords too. (Vern has a blue Kellog handset cord, but he ignores me when I ask about it)

This phone is part of a newer aspect of my collection. Non WE 500 type/style sets and varients (in Color and clear).
I will note your interest for my duplicates.
Jim
Pm me about the cords
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

HarrySmith

OK, I finished the AE40 I was working on so I am back to this Leich. I compared the wiring and operation to the 40 as they are both AE dials and everything appears the same. Attached is a pic of the dial and the network, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Wallphone

Harry, Is this a new problem or are you working on the Leich again? I don't remember Kellogg being part of this thread. For starters, it looks like you should adjust the pulse cam lobe on your dial.

HarrySmith

OOPS, my bad, it is the Leich. Kellogg is next! Sorry.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Wallphone

One step at a time, after you straighten your pulse cam, swap the line wires. L1 is RED.

Wallphone

It's hard for me to read the print on page 1 of this thread but something doesn't look right with your ringer wires. Compare D, R, & RC on your network to the print. You don't have anything wired to the RC terminal. According to the print you shouldn't have anything wired to D.

HarrySmith

According to the diagram nothing goes to D, but in the chart below with AE dial the two wires that are there are supposed to be. I switched the line wires but I thought it did  not matter, I never pay attention to L1 & L2 for polarity. Also I am not experienced much in dials, I usually send them to Steve, how do I adjust the pulse cam? I do not see much in the way of adjustments back there.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Harry:

A spring bender is needed. Its a little tools that fits over the spring (contact) in question and a bit of force is applied to bend it in a different direction. At least that is what was done with SxS relay pileups. You can carefully improvise with a small pair of needle nose pliers.

Terry

Tribune

Just as a footnote on the topic of Leich 100 series units . . .
I've got a black 105K that rings. This is something of a surprise to me given that its the K model, so 16 2/3 Hz frequency ringer. Even the ringer it self is marked 16 2/3, so it hasn't been replaced.
Not quite sure how this is actually happening, unless its something to do with having my phones ring via the Pana 616 PBX?
Mark Furze - TCI, ATCA

To miss-quote "Bones" McCoy . . .
                     "darn it Jim - I'm a doctor, not a telephone engineer!"

AE_Collector

I don't know what the Panasonic puts out for ringing frequency but in North America I think most CO switches put out 20 cycle ringing which means that in all liklihood a 20 cycle frequency ringer will ring and potentially a 16 2/3 cycle might ring as well. Of course your ringing is strictly being done by the Panasonic KSU so whatever frequency it is, your ringer seems to like it.

Terry

stub

Harry,
         Hold off on the bending!!! Loosen the nut on the top of impluse cam and rotate the red plastic so it looks like this one at rest. ( 1st pic). Then retighten.  To check , slowly rotate the dial and see if the 1st contact finger will drop and almost touch the red impluse cam on the side. ( 2nd pic ) If the contact finger almost touches your done .
           They look like someone has tried to adjust because the 1st contact finger looks bent at the base , but the cam still has to be moved  first.   Hope this helps.      stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

HarrySmith

darn Stub, you are probably right! I totally missed that! It does look like someone bent the finger, I straightened it as best I could but that did not fix it. I packed up the dial along with a couple of others and sent them off to Steve Hilz yesterday! Thanks for the advice, that would have fixed it for sure!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

You were right. Steve said the pulse cam was not aligned correctly. He also said the percent break was way off and had to be calibrated. I think I will leave my dials to him.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"