News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My box of goodies.

Started by sebbel, March 19, 2012, 09:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebbel

I see non-phone vintage electronics in a LOT of pictures so I figure you might enjoy this. I won a box at an auction on the Weekend. Once I sorted out all the crap I was left with this. Had never been to an auction before but with the deals I saw on the weekend I'm going back.

Not quite sure what to do with most of it but it's really  cool. The Avominor multimeter in the bottom corner is one of the coolest looking multimeter I've seen.
Seb.

twocvbloke

I think those Avo meters are supposed to be pretty collectible, aswell as being some of the best meters made to date, I think.... ???

I've always wanted to go to a real auction, a couple months before moving house, there was an auction I had planned to go to, but forgot about (d'oh!!! :-\ ), and they sold a Kirby Sentria vac for a lot less than it was originally bought for, and at the price the winning bidder paid, they could have made a heck of a profit on it, which I could have done if I was there... :(

DavePEI

Hi Seb:

That looks like a fun find! It is amazing what you can find in box lots. I remember years ago at an auction I saw a huge box of wooden wall phone parts - sadly, it was at a point where my interest in phones had waned (due to my son just having been born - that puts it at close to 30 years ago now), and I passed on it. I have regretted not snatching it up ever since.

Phone related or not, if you have the storage, and can find an interesting box for a few bucks, always buy it!

Nice find.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

sebbel

Oh don't worry I always pick interesting finds. A bit too much for that matter.

I just found a lot of 70's vintage Fisher Price little people at the salvation army. I got the entire lot (castle, school, school bus and airport) for less than the price 1 of those figurines sell for on Ebay.

Seb.

HowardPgh

The robot toy makes that box lot a worthwhile non telephone find.
Howard