News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Old wood multi-line set

Started by phonium, June 15, 2019, 08:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phonium

At an antique store near where I live I found this phone. I do not know what make or model it is, but I think it is rare. If anyone knows anything about it then please tell me.
George Amores
ATCA#4857

rdelius

Looks like a Dictagraph intercom for an office. Not a telephone for multi line use. Not rare or expensive

Key2871

Yea, they are unique, but not really valuable.
But if you like it, that's what matters! Personally I think it's cool, and you with some work could maybe make it a useable phone.
KEN

Jim Stettler

They have mechanical action when you push some buttons. ie hold,release type functions. That is cool to me.
What is the asking price?
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jack Ryan

It is an intercom. It looks a bit like a Dictograph but I don't think it is.

I don't recognise the handset but it looks like the caps are interchangeable and have been interchanged. Is that a "spitcup" on the receiver?

They are interesting but the only time they are valuable is when someone else wants the one you want.

Regards
Jack

paul-f

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

rdelius

That is a Kellogg handset. there might not be a hookswitch plunger

phonium

I already bought it for $35. I also got a at&t 500 for $5. Here are more pictures.
George Amores
ATCA#4857

Jim Stettler

$35.00 was a nice price. You should put it in find of the month.

The handset is Kellogg That style of handset was used on redbar's and the 900 series phones.
They have a ring and spit catcher, the older handsets had more of spitcup design to the spitcatcher.
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=14140.msg147643#msg147643
Jim
You live, You learn,

Key2871

That is a good price, I thinks it's quite neat. But I like complicated stuff. Nice find.
KEN

Jack Ryan

I haven't seen a clear picture of the handset but it doesn't look like Kellogg to me. Any chance of a clear profile image?

I'm also not convinced it's a Dictograph - are there any names on it?

Thanks

Jack

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Jack Ryan on June 16, 2019, 08:54:55 PM
I haven't seen a clear picture of the handset but it doesn't look like Kellogg to me. Any chance of a clear profile image?

I'm also not convinced it's a Dictograph - are there any names on it?

Thanks

Jack

Dictograph style. Even if it isn't dictograph, researching dictograph intercom is probably a good starting point .

The Handset looks looks a Kellogg barbell (to me)in the first photo. However the mouthpiece photo doesn't look right for a Kellogg. It may be  a Kellogg handset with a different mouthpiece.
I can't think of any other North American handset with the barbell type ends.
The handset could easily of been swapped.
You live, You learn,

Jack Ryan

Quote from: Jim Stettler on June 16, 2019, 10:09:29 PM
The Handset looks looks a Kellogg barbell (to me)in the first photo. However the mouthpiece photo doesn't look right for a Kellogg. It may be  a Kellogg handset with a different mouthpiece.
I can't think of any other North American handset with the barbell type ends.
The handset could easily of been swapped.

The handset is similar to a Kellogg Masterphone 700/900 type handset but not the same. In addition, the caps are wrong for the handset.

Perhaps there is another Kellogg handset I have forgotten about.

Here is an image comparing the profiles for the handset in question and a Masterphone 900 handset. If memory serves, the Masterphone 700 handset is the same as the Masterphone 900 handset except for the spitcup.

I don't mean to labour thew issue but I am curious.

Regards
Jack

phonium

ummm...... does this mean anything....?
George Amores
ATCA#4857

Jack Ryan

Quote from: phonium on June 16, 2019, 11:51:18 PM
ummm...... does this mean anything....?

Cannon was a headphone/receiver element manufacturer. I don't know if it was an original part or an upgrade or, for that matter, if Cannon made handsets.

I assume it was in the receiver end of the handset.

Jack