News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 500 dated 10/50

Started by AE40FAN, July 25, 2019, 11:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE40FAN

Wow!  I have not been on here in quite some time.  Glad to see everyone is still actively collecting.  Back in April I won thru "buy it now" on Ebay (under $30 with ship) an all original 1950 WE 500.  Most parts date 10/50 with the exception of the network (4/50) and the shell/handset (9/50).  Handset caps are not dated?  Phone appears to have never been used.  However, it doesn't look like it was stored very well.  Handset is slightly dull and there are nicks/scuffs on the case/dials.  Dial plate has the clear cover with reversed painted numerals and small operator font. Phone was poorly packed but arrived safely!  I will post pictures eventually if anyone is interested.  Are phones this early of any value? 

Dan/Panther

The value to me is the fact it's a 1950 and I don't have one, and it's October my birth month.

Other than that it has no value, you should send it to me to get it out of your way.
Of course I will pay shipping.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AE40FAN

I'm thinking about turning it into a lamp ;)

compubit

Quote from: AE40FAN on July 26, 2019, 09:54:43 AM
After all, it is a WE 500 and you (based on your handle) must be an AE fan...

J
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Dan/Panther

Quote from: AE40FAN on July 26, 2019, 09:54:43 AM

You know you will burn in Hell for that.

D?P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson