News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Two WE 40AL On CL $30

Started by Doug Rose, October 28, 2017, 02:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Found these on CL for $30 for both. Bower-Barff finish. One is great, one is for parts as the base is rusted on the back (no Transmitter). Hard to beat $30 for parts for a stick. I should be able to make one nice stick out of the parts. one receiver is really nice, the other missing the cap. Star MP has not chips. Shop was written across the front in paint. BB finish should let me get the paint off the good one..Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

Gary

Doug Rose

I certainly surprised myself! This is the first 40AL with the receiver from the second stick. Came out much better than I ever thought it would. Bower-Barff finish is superb and let me use a little fine steel wool and noxon to get the painted "shop" of off the front. It was painted black over the BB finish, but it came off easily with just Noxon. I do like the brass and BB combination....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

And the second one! I had it in the trash and thought, why not try to remove the rust. It was most of the back. Cradle was really bent closed, but I used and old broken receiver to stretch it out. Pic 4 show where the rust came from and it was just lightly on the back. 10 minutes with Noxon and fine steel wool....Doug
Kidphone