News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ae34 shunt cam adjustment

Started by bob833, January 01, 2017, 11:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob833

Hi, on an AE34 I have I wasn't receiving any sound, I looked at the dial and it looks like the brass shunt cam is 180 degrees out of adjustment. I turned the dial to open the contacts and I now have sound. My question is how do I rotate that cam to be in the correct position. It should be easy, right? I hope! I would rather ask you guys before screwing up something simple.

LarryInMichigan

Turn the brass cam part slightly counter-clockwise and carefully lift it so that the spring slides upward through the slot.  The turn it to the proper orientation and slide the spring back down though the slot.

Larry

AE_Collector

It has been a long time since I took one if these apart so others will be able to describe it better. The spring is wound around that centre shaft and the cam on top locks it in place. So it is a matter of doing something like pushing down on it and turning slightly at which point the cam with spring will release from the centre shaft so that you can lift it up slightly and then you can add or subtract a half turn and then lock it in place again.

Presumably you could also inadvertently let it go and have little parts fly around the room and or lose track of how much tension should be on the spring. Either go it it carefully or wait for better info than what I have supplied here!! (Such as what Larry supplied while I was typing!)

Terry

bob833

Thanks guys, your information worked for me! I was afraid of the spring shooting my eye out! :o