and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - December 2013

Started by AE_Collector, October 30, 2013, 12:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - December 2013 - Vote for TWO

southernphoneman's Two Tone Red & Black WECo 500 on ebay for $29.00
2 (6.3%)
John S' nice red soft plastic WECo 554 from 1956 for $35!!!
9 (28.1%)
Matilo Telephones' SA 28 by Brock & Goldschmidt for $54.82 (€40) incl Shipping
2 (6.3%)
WesternElectricBen's 1966 yellow WECo 713 2 line Princess Phone for $29.99
2 (6.3%)
cchaven's Mahogany Brown Western Electric 591 for $12 at an Antique Mall
20 (62.5%)
LarryInMichigan's Green Australian Telecom 8021 for $23 plus $24 Shipping to NA
2 (6.3%)
WEBellSystemChristian's Med Blue WE 500 BIN on eBay for $199.00 plus $10 Shipping.
4 (12.5%)
Jack Ryan's 50-AL or a 51AL with what looks like a #2 dial for $41 US & $22 Shipping
6 (18.8%)
Persido's Yellow 10 Button 1500 from an Antique Store for $5
8 (25%)
Kenton K's Rose Beige 1965/1968 10 Button 1500 for $1
4 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

WesternElectricBen

This is suppose to be one of my Christmas gifts, but I thought I would share it.

It's a 1966 yellow 713 princess phone which I got for 29.99. It is in quite good condition, but of course I will restore it to make it as close to prefect as I can.

What is special is it is a "secretarial set" with an exclusion plunger for either privacy or hold and a line switcher for the two lines it can handle.

eBay listing: http://tinyurl.com/713-Princess-Phone

Ben

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

TelePlay

I'd like to nominate LarryInMichigan's world traveling Telecom Aust 802 made in Australia but bought from a seller in Dnepropetrovsk, Europe, Ukraine for $23 plus $24 shipping. I always liked the looks of those Australian phones and this one sanded up real nice for Larry. And shipping from the Ukraine was a lot less than had it come from Australia, as well as the typical priced asked by sellers in Australia.

The Forum discussion of this phone can be found -> Here <-

John S

cchaven

Thanks to Sarge for nominating my mahogany 500a/b!

Jeff

Sargeguy

No problem, next time you find a rare early 500 in great condition for $12 I'll be sure and nominate that as well.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

TelePlay

A lot of great phones have been found this month and here is one more snagged by WEBellSystemChristian in a BIN eBay auction for $199.00 plus $10.03 shipping. It's a 1956 Mediterranean Blue WE 500 that cleaned up nicely. Very nice phone, Christian, and quite a find.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201003491019

WEBellSystemChristian

Thank you so much for listing that!!! By the way, it's a 1956, not that the date especially matters. ;)

------------

EDIT: Changed the date to 1956, sorry  :-\
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

AE_Collector

Seven "Finds" so far this month! After tomorrow there might be a couple more...maybe...could be....I'm saying....

If so get them in before the end of the month and we will let eveyone (as usual) decide in early January just who snagged the absolute best of the best. Once that has been determined, we have plans here at the "Find of the Month" to keep you entertained during the duldrums of January. We will then have you all refresh your memory of all 12 winners from 2013 and commence voting for the "Find of the YEAR - 2013". Stay tuned....

Terry

Matilo Telephones

Ow, yes. My eye has caught something. Perhaps I'll buy it. Perhaps I'll have it before jan 1st.

Can I enter 2 finds of the month?

Anyway, what do you mean by duldrums of januari? Januari for me is the beginning of the busy time. A lot of new ads (locally), lots of mails and sales.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

TelePlay

Quote from: Matilo Telephones on December 24, 2013, 06:35:07 PM
Can I enter 2 finds of the month?

In short, no, but you can withdraw your phone that I nominated if you think you have a better find to nominate, otherwise, January is but a week away for what you may acquire.

AE_Collector

Yes as John says we are asking people to pick their fav find of the month and submit it but you can cancel the first to go with a "better" find that came along later in the month. We will let you hang onto a find from this month until next month to submit as long as it doesn't get to out of control!

Terry

Jack Ryan

Maybe not "find of the month" but perhaps this qualifies as "bargain of the month".

I haven't received it yet so I don't know if it's a 50-AL or a 51AL but it looks like it has a #2 dial

$AU 46.00 + $AU 25.00 shipping

AE_Collector

I want to nominate Persido's $5 yellow 1500 from an Antique Store no less! What a steal Persido!

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=10844.0

Terry

Kenton K

This is a good month for 1500s. Just like Persido's, I too found a 1500. This is a rose beige with 1965 base and dials and 1968 case/handset/cord. Best part is, I got it for $1.  ;D

Ken