News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need help IDing a phone

Started by Grumpy99705, December 13, 2011, 12:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy99705

My dad is sending me this phone, from my grandfather's estate.
It's a Stromberg Carlson, that much Im certain of
The best I can come up with is it's an SC 1130
The catalogs I have don't have it & the ones on Mike Neale's site don't either.
Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading - Thomas Jefferson

GG

I don't know the type either, but it looks to me that all that's going to need is a new transmitter horn and a fairly simple cleaning, and it'll be good as new. 

Do you know what part of the house your grandmother had that in, and how much usage it got there?  It looks to be in remarkably good condition and well taken care of.

Grumpy99705

My grandfather was a lineman/service/general manager for a small independent phone company in Iowa for almost 50 years.
The things that are coming out of his barn never cease to amaze me and have provided me with pretty much an instant collection of S/C, Kellogg, Leich phones, tools & parts we still havent ID'd.
This phone was found in the loft right next to a box containing what is essentially a NOS Kellogg 1070 redbar, so who knows where it had been used.
Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading - Thomas Jefferson

Grumpy99705

It seems I have found my answer.
A posting on TCI's yahoo group has a S/C 1130 for sale, and their picture looks the same.