News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Gold finger dials

Started by Pourme, October 23, 2017, 07:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

Sat down to EBAY for a few minutes yesterday. One of the first things I saw was these finger dials. I am not sure what they fit, maybe AE? I think they are plastic. I have seen similar ones on 302's in antique stores. They should be ok for display. For about $.86 each included shipping, I thought I'd give them a shot.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302496599015

Anybody know anything about what exactly they may be?

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

LarryInMichigan

They look like the type of finger wheel used on the Asian decorator/novelty phones such as the "Cutie" (forum link).  I am still looking for the center ring for mine.

Larry

Pourme

Interesting. Perhaps I have bought something I will never use. I didn't waste a LOT of money doing so.

Thanks!
Benny
Benny

RotoTech99

Those are "Tamara" dial fingerwheels used on Tamara dials that ATC and other companies used on their decorator sets.

There is usually a snap in clear window that goes in the center, but I've seen also ATC dial center discs from the decorator cradle sets trimmed to fit the center and glued with epoxy or hot glue to the dial center.

The original Tamara fingerwheel was metal with a removeable card holder ring...I think the gold plastic one was the replacement for it.

There is a 3 lead version, and the 4 lead version.

Rototech99

Pourme

Thanks, Roto

Maybe I can use them to decorate the phone room!
Benny

TelePlay

Quote from: Pourme on October 23, 2017, 11:04:55 AM
Thanks, Roto

Maybe I can use them to decorate the phone room!

Or, you could "steam punk" a railroad/train phone. How about a mobile for your phone room (you could use other very lightweight hardware as the balancing weights. That would look cool. Actually, I'll buy them from you to try that.

Pourme

That is a very good idea! A telephone themed mobile...Love it!
Benny

oldguy

Maybe earrings for your wife😜😜😀😀
Gary

Pourme

Quote from: oldguy on October 23, 2017, 10:27:20 PM
Maybe earrings for your wife😜😜😀😀

"Finger Dial Wear"....Could be a new carer path for me!
Benny