News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Nickel Ship Bell Ringer Box

Started by Rigger1, August 06, 2011, 05:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rigger1

Hello,  I came across this ringer the other day at a local estate sale and I was wondering if anyone had seen this type of bell before. They are a non ferrous metal, so I am guessing nickel. They are attached to a standard Western Electric ringer. I was looking on Google and eBay and saw " cow bell " ringer boxes, but these are not the same. If anyone has any information or can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. Thanks,  Bill

rdelius

I think they call these liberty bells
robby

Doug Rose

Quote from: rdelius on August 06, 2011, 08:41:46 PM
I think they call these liberty bells
robby
I have heard them called tea bells, either way you got yourself a really nice ringer box. This bells were made for a discernible ringer sound from others in the area.  I am still looking for mine. What else did you find at that estate sale?...Doug
Kidphone

Rigger1

This was the only phone related item at the sale. It really didn't fit in with the rest of the house. I did hook the ringer up to a magneto and try it. It does have an pleasant ring. Thanks for the information. Bill

LarryInMichigan

Rigger1,

That's a beautiful find.  I would happily buy that at an estate sale.  All you need now is a capacitor, and you can connect it to your phone line.

Larry