News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

For the vintage auto buffs.

Started by Greg G., January 13, 2010, 12:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Bartell's in downtown Seattle had large blowups of these pics in their window, so I inquired about getting some copies.  The advertising dept was happy to supply me with a couple of prints of my choice.  These are from their archives.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AET

Very neat!! Too bad cars don't have style like that anymore!!
- Tom

Greg G.

I think if I were to go back in time and just wander the streets, I would faint from the site of all the "antiques" when they were just everyday stuff.  

BTW, I was told by the ad dept. that anybody can contact them and request vintage prints like this.  They do charge, but it's not expensive.  I'll get the contact info and post it.  
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dennis Markham

Here's a view of Bartel's about 85 years later............Thanks to Google Maps.  Someone has done a nice job of either bringing back, or maintaining the original look.  (I modified it to black and white just for fun.)

Greg G.

I didn't realize the "triangle building" as it's called, is on 1st and Yesler.  I drive right by it when I start my trip north on bus route 66.  Many of the buildings in Pioneer Square have that same vintage look.
- Mike Row
e

McHeath

The comparison of Bartel's in the old and new picture is fascinating.  Frankly, the building and area look way better now than they did 80 years ago.  The old Bartel's is covered in signs and crap that disfigure the building, and the neighborhood has unsightly power poles and lines galore.