"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1984 WE Touch A Matic 32 2870A2M ,does it use a memory battery

Started by RotoTech99, January 22, 2021, 04:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

Dear Forum:

Thank you for the views of my threads regarding my Touch A Matic 32..... I have a new question
I hope you can answer for me, please.

I noticed in the BSP's for the Touch A Matic they mention a battery pack that supported the memory; but on my TAM-32 2870A2M dating from 1984, and was refurbed in 1986, it doesn't have a spot for the battery pack.

Was the battery pack "designed out" in favor of another way to support the memory; I notice it has a special  cord for a 85b transformer to be attached to to power the memory....

Was that possibly a cost saving measure as well?

I also noticed a large machine screw protruding through the metal frame in the area I guess the battery used to go into; I've no idea what it holds down, but its obviously there for a reason.

I wlll gladly thank in advance for any answers, feedback, or other information the CRPF can tell me in regard to this.

Thank you,
RotoTech99

Key2871

At some point batteries for smaller TAM sets were phased out and a capacitor was used to hold memory.
I just got a TAM set and I noticed it used a battery for memory and a newer model I had Does not.

I had a TAM with multiline keys that had a battery. A set of ni cads were used for memory back up and the one I had needed a new battery, so I made one for it, using ni cad cells, sub C size worked well.
KEN

RotoTech99

Dear Key2871:

Thank you, that helps answer my question. Does any of your TAM sets have the directory card?

I need a good picture of one so i can create one for mine; I don't have the polyester film they were made from originally, but i could take card stock and go that way with it.

If you have one you can send a picture of, please let me know.

Thank you,
RotoTech99