News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Help with AE 50(?)

Started by AT2796, November 12, 2018, 07:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AT2796

Thanks Everybody for your help and replies!
After disassembly and cleaning, and reassembly I noticed the arm opposite the shunt cam arm (I got that from the diagram I linked to above), the arm that closes the the dial contacts was bent. I gently tweaked it back to 90 degrees and now it ANI's clear as a bell! Transmit, receive, dial and ring, life is good!
Now...The dial returns slowly but that's okay something to trouble shoot in the near future. It has been a long couple of weeks, after some good sleep I'll decide whether to disassemble the dial again to see where I am binding or troubleshoot the transmitter problem in my 302...Decisions, decisions...
I would blame you guys but the truth is that my manager is a very sick man, his office is a telephone and phone signage/memorabilia museum with a couple of work items in it so he gets the blame for planting the seed. I'll just blame you guys for watering it.

I will post another pic of the dial after cleaning, looks much better now, more like the one in Stub's photos. Whether it worked or not it deserved the cleaning, the contacts and insulators were all wet with oil/grease.

Thanks again for your help!

Andy
Andy

AT2796

Andy

stub

Andy,
         Great job. Your welcome. Glad to help . stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

BVelligan

Hi. I see this is an old thread but having same issue: AE50 does not break dial when I engage rotary. Ring, talk, listen all works wonderfully. I also have a rotary desk phone that dials out fine on my line.

One difference is when I remove pulse link on back of dial and insert paper between dial shunt, I still hear dial tone.

G-Man

Start by doing the following:

• Make certain that the pulsing contacts fully opens and closes with each revolution of the cam as the dial is being operated.
  • Check the wiring by using the two diagrams that are pasted below.
  • Gently separate the pulsing contacts while listening to the receiver, or slip a piece of paper between them to see if you are now unable to hear D.T.

If you are unable to find the problem, further instructions will be provided.