News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Custom Bell System / Western Electric Dial Card

Started by Ktownphoneco, February 20, 2017, 10:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktownphoneco

I recently acquired a W.E. ivory colored 302 with a matching handset, and no dial.      I'm installing a W.E. type "5-J" dial in the set, and wanted an appropriate dial card which depicted the maker's name and system in which it was used, rather than a standard dial card indicating an area code and / or telephone number.
I scanned a dial card designed for "J" series type 5 dials with the clear plastic finger wheel, and the later 500 series sets, also with the clear plastic finger wheels, and colored the background an ivory color, and added the Bell System bell logo and the words Western Electric.      Personally, I think it'll look nice once the dial is installed in the set, and most likely the same applies to an ivory 500 series set.    I've included it here if anyone wants to download it and print it for their own use.     I've also included a picture of how it looks installed in a "5-J" dial, to show what it looks like actually installed on a dial.     The card was scanned at 300 dpi.     I find the best results when I print dial cards on business card stock.
Have a great week.

Jeff Lamb 

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Ktownphoneco

oldguy

Gary