News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

as Dennis always says, "Check to see if there is another dial card underneath"

Started by Doug Rose, May 24, 2011, 04:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Well there was, beautiful like new dial card with just a tad of a stain that I can remove with an eraser. I love the old dial cards as much as the phones, well almost....Doug
Kidphone

bingster

= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

Great "bonus" card, Doug.  Looks like the Exchange name came to town putting the five digit card out of business.  What kind of phone did they come from?

JorgeAmely

There is a lot of value in these cards Doug. It shows the progression into exchange names from the simpler days of 5 digit dialing.
Jorge

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dennis Markham on May 24, 2011, 10:38:33 PM
Great "bonus" card, Doug.  Looks like the Exchange name came to town putting the five digit card out of business.  What kind of phone did they come from?
Dennis .....it came from a beat up 302 that was a parts only. Amazing how good the card looks compared to the phone. I didn't even notice the stain until I took the picture. It looks much better in person with normal light....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

It's a very nice card.  The stain is so slight.  I don't think it harms the appearance at all.  Often one will see a rust stain in the very center, where the finger wheel nut will rust and stain the card.