News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

About the Dial Cards

Started by AET, March 15, 2009, 03:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

I tried to print a dial cards today for my phones, and unfortunately found them to be MUCH too big.  How do I fix this?
Thanks!
-Tom
- Tom

Perry

Are you trying to print cards from the Number Card Archive, or somewhere else? I have printed a few dial cards from that site, and the size was perfect when I set up the file to print at 300ppi.

Dan/Panther

Tom;
Buy larger phones...

Sometimes you can resize files, in a Photoshop type program. I've also found that when this is done SOMETIMES the quality suffers. I resize to 1-3/8 inch.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AET

I am printing from the number card archive, they came out about 4 inches across.  I wasn't too happy about that.  I don't have photoshop or anything however.
- Tom

bingster

Most computers come with basic image editing programs built in.  Go to the start menu and look under "All Programs" and see if you can see an image editor or photo editor in the list.  Either one should do the job, I think.
= DARRIN =

Ellen

I looked at that site, found the image I wanted, clicked it to get the big picture, dragged that onto an open drawing program document, resized from there, made a text box with my alphanumeric number in it, dragged that onto the round card, printed it up, covered with a skin of wide packing tape, cut it out, fit it into the hole, went back and resized a time or two.  The key is that I have a drawing program that lets me resize things.  This also works in my wordprocessing program, when the image is highlighted and has a little square in each corner for resizing.

Perry

You don't really even need an image editing program. You can paste the image file into MS Word and adjust the size there (and even add in your phone number).

If you are printing directly from the web page, try going into "properties" (or "preferences" in IE) when the print menu comes up. You should be able to change the size there.

Bill

Assuming you are running Windows (almost any version) you can go to Start > Programs > Accessories and find a program called Paint (also called Microsoft Paint). Open it up, and use it to open your dial card file. Then click Image > Stretch/Skew. In the Stretch boxes enter 30 (percent). Make sure the Skew numbers are both zero. Now print and check for size. If the size is not right, go back and change the Stretch numbers - repeat until you get what you need.

Bill