News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mouse Problem

Started by HowardPgh, April 14, 2012, 05:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HowardPgh

How do you keep the mice out of your stuff? 
I went to my coiled  cord stash and several of the were chewed up.  Naturally it was some of the supposedly rare colors that got damaged the worst. I have since gone through them and repackaged the good ones and put them in a sealed container. Originally they were in a cardboard box.
Howard

twocvbloke

Quote from: HowardPgh on April 14, 2012, 05:07:42 PM
How do you keep the mice out of your stuff? 

That's easy, get a cat.... ;D

Dan/Panther

Make sure it's a female.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

deedubya3800

I have only one telephone with pristine original cloth cords, and I keep it in a sealed plastic basketball-sized display case for this very reason. We've had mice problems before, and I've had holes eaten in clothes and boxes and everything else, and I didn't want to take any chances with this perfect pre-war ivory of mine!

TelePlay

Seems the mice had good taste, chewing on the expensive and rare cords.  8)

Better than a cat, consider a ferret. I think mice can smell a ferret a 100 yards away and they stay well clear of that domesticated predator. Made sure you get one that is descented.

AE_Collector

I'm waiting for "Reptile_Master" to weigh in on this discussion.....

Terry

Snake

Quote from: AE_collector on April 14, 2012, 11:04:04 PM
I'm waiting for "Reptile_Master" to weigh in on this discussion.....

Terry

;D :D

It's simple really, just get a guard snake to match all your phones. That's what I do.

HowardPgh

Since most of my phones are black, I guess I will have to get a black snake!

I think I will have to do more research for other non animal solutions.  I have traps.

We had a lot of mice this year.  I think its was because couple of old houses were torn down and  the feral cats have left the scene.
Howard