News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Haf's telephone collection

Started by Haf, February 24, 2013, 01:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haf

Thanks again for your compliments. But it's not only Western Electric, the candlestick next to the chair is a 1930 Automatic Electric 21. And in my defense, I have at least two German phones too :)

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

Haf

Attached to the 389 A jack and 273 A plug I wanted to buy was this 1950 matching dates 302. Everything works fine and no damage, only light scratches. Just gave it a quick 10 minute polish with Wenol (was lazy tonight).

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

compubit

Very nice! That will fit perfectly in your apartment.

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Haf

Not that long ago I received a gift from Jim/compubit by mail - a long wanted pink WE 500, 1959 with open center fingerwheel. It was just slightly dicolorized, bleaching was not very satisfying so I made my first attempt with sanding. Turned out piggy pink again, I'm very pleased. OK, it is not yet polished to the final luster but nobody around here except me (and probably all of you) will notice. And the transmitter cap is not yet sanded and still discolorized. This will be my new bedside telephone, thanks to the generous gift from Jim, thank you a lot. More pictures to follow.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

Pourme

Very nice...Looking forward to the finished pics!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

dsk

We (my wife and I) had a few days off, and went to Berlin where Haf met us at the airport, and showed us lots of the City. I also visited him at home, and he is a perfectionist making the entire room looking in from the same period of time as the phones. I will let him selves publish pictures of his phones, but I am really impressed. We talked a lot about phones too, and about how to get the right old American dial tone, and payphone signals for his American phones.
Te picture shows Haf in his wheelchair, his assistant and me.

Haf:
Thank you for your great hospitality!
dsk

compubit

Glad to hear y'all had a great time! I know I did on my trip to Berlin - saw parts of the city not visited by foreign tourists, and had a great time.

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!