News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE Wood Wall Phone with a Mercedes Dial

Started by Doug Rose, May 06, 2012, 10:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I'm looking for some information from our AE collectors. I picked this up awhile ago and finally got to refurbing it. It has an AE 30R transmitter, a tag inside with the number 125. It a a wood plug in the front, so I am guessing it was factory refurbed with the dial at some point. Everything is original except the NOS AE handset cord that I have had forever. It is all automatic Electric except the receiver that is American Electric. This is my first Mercedes Dial, so I am stoked.

It was painted black, but the paint was poor, so I stripped it and am very pleased with the wood. Dial spins and returns as it should and is in really nice condition.

I am looking for an AE mouthpiece to finish this off. if anyone has one for sale or trade, please message me.

Any info is as always, greatly appreciated....thanks...Doug
Kidphone

wds

Very nice.  That's an early Mercedes dial, type 11 I think.  I've purchased AE mouthpieces from EBay seller "lynnea5700".  She usually has some that aren't listed on EBay.  Be sure you know the exact size of the thread, as some of those older AE transmitters use different sizes.  And if you want to trade that old worn out Am. E. receiver, I have a AE receiver I'll trade you!
Dave

Doug Rose

thanks Dave...I am really happy the way it turned out. I think I'll keep the original receiver that came with it, I will check out the lady on eBay for a MP if I don't find one. Next I'll try to make it work. I love the Mercedes dial. It was the dial the convinced me I needed the phone. Now, where to put it!...Doug
Kidphone