News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Coin relay for LPC-72-55

Started by mentalstampede, February 10, 2017, 03:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalstampede

I have an AE three slot that has had the hopper stripped and I would like to get it back in service. Would a Western Electric 1A relay assembly fit an AE hopper?
My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

Stan S

Yes.
Make sure you get a relay that has 4 screw terminals not 2. The coin trigger should be straight and not T shaped.
Stan S.

mentalstampede

So  this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/161515080452 won't work?

Quote from: Stan S on February 10, 2017, 04:43:36 PM
Yes.
Make sure you get a relay that has 4 screw terminals not 2. The coin trigger should be straight and not T shaped.
Stan S.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

Stan S

Nope!
You need two screw terminals for the voltage that operates the relay. The other two screw terminals are the dial shorting contacts.
Another problem with that relay is the T shaped coin trigger. It was designed for a narrow throat single slot hopper. The throat on a three slot hopper is slightly deeper. This leaves a space in back of the coin trigger when it's in the UP position. Thin coins like dimes slip right by without hitting the trigger.

Stan S.

mentalstampede

Do I still need the dial shorting contacts for a touch tone three slot?

Stan S