News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Article in "Country Living" magazine, Oct 2014

Started by Nick in Manitou, September 16, 2014, 03:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick in Manitou

I don't know if this is the proper place for this, but I figured I'd mention it in case someone was interested in an article about collecting phones in the popular decorating magazine, Country Living.

My wife was reading the October 2014 issue and she pointed out to me that there is an article starting on page 21 and covering 4 full pages with photos and descriptions of "collectible" phones.  A pretty broad spectrum of phones is depicted and their prices will help raise the value of our collections!

phonecoinc.com and oldphoneworks.com were referenced as resources.

I don't think I can legally scan and upload the article...but in case you come across one of these magazines, you might be interested to check it out.

Nick

Nick in Manitou

jsowers

My sister mentioned this to me last week. She said she saw "Granny's phone" in it. Granny had a black AE50. Thanks for the link.

They play fast and loose with some of the facts, number cards and color names and the prices should have been given in ranges.
Jonathan

WEBellSystemChristian

It really seems that vintage phone are becoming more and more popular. Better enjoy the rather low-demand for phone prices while it lasts! ;)

I with the article would go a little bit more in-depth with colored prices. They stated that the 500 was worth $150, but that was only from a certain high-end website (I'm assuming OPW) and in a rather hard-to-find color. These price estimates could scare away possible future phone collectors. Well, more for us, I guess! ::)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford