News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

need fingerwheel

Started by suhoni56, October 26, 2014, 08:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsowers

Sorry about the confusion. We did say open center and soft center back and forth. The soft part comes from when you have the phone number card in there, covered by a clear acetate disk. It's soft in the center and gives a little.

The other fingerwheels, the solid ones, are hard in the center because the clear plastic covers that area. Those came later, first on Princess phones in 1959 and then, about 1965, on 500 sets.

Soft centers and hard centers--does anyone have a hankering for a box of chocolate candy?  ;)
Jonathan

Slal

Quote from: suhoni56 on October 26, 2014, 08:58:41 PM
I will contact oldphoneworks directly and tell him what I need. Thanks!!

Little late in checking in, but if no luck with Old Phone Works, here's where I get mine.

http://www.ericofon.com/catalog/parts/fwheel.htm

Best wishes!

--Bruce

suhoni56

Thanks to you all!
A Forum member has messaged me and I will have one in my hands very soon!
You all are fantastic! I love this group, and my new hobby!!

I am up to 12 phones now, with 3 hotties on my watch list. it IS addicting....... Whoever came up with the name "evilbay" was spot-on!
Susan

WesternElectricBen

baldopeacock

Quote from: suhoni56 on October 26, 2014, 10:33:01 PM
No, I have not, but I have read your repair threads. I am an artist, so I will enjoy the challenge. 
www.susanhonikerart.com

Really nice work on your website, Susan.   I especially like the bronzes.  "Bailando Luna" makes me think of my stepdaughter.   :)

suhoni56

Thanks! It is my dream to do a life-size or larger monument or fountain. I am just a hobby artist. It would be nice to earn my keep with it,  but it is hard to wiggle into a niche. Maybe someday.....
Susan