"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I've tried everything....

Started by Dan/Panther, January 24, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingster

Quote from: Kidphone on January 25, 2010, 02:25:05 PM
Kind of expensive, but I have had mine for years. It seems to be missing the locking bar that slides between the two arms. I have heard that there was one for the transmitter and one for the receiver, but only I have one and use it on both the transmitter and receiver without any issues. These were also repro'd by an ATCA member about 20 years ago.

I think the ones OPW sells are the repros.  I bought mine from them, and they have no KS numbers, and as you mentioned, they don't come with the swiveling locks.  For that reason, on a really tough cap, I have to use a little C-clamp to keep them from spreading.  They're expensive, but I have to say I don't regret the purchase.  They come in very handy.
= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

I understand they are a very handle and probably well made tool.  I just have a problem, when I know what goes into making stuff like that and what they charge to people that are at there mercy so to speak.
I'm of the belief that I would rather sell several items for a good price, than to sell a few for a lot of money.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson