News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Specializing: Color 302s

Started by Doug Rose, January 20, 2016, 02:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

My first collectable telephone was a Manual Black 302 and I always loved the design. My aunt had one, but I grew up with 500s in the house. I tried to get as many different 302s as I could. With the 410s and the 305s included.

My favorites are the Color 302s. I was sitting in my room and thought they looked great in the natural light. Here are a few of my favorites....Doug
Kidphone

Grabart

Nice collection!  I've seen several of those posted on here, and have added one to the growing want list.

JimH

Beautiful collection, Doug!  302s have always been my favorite.  I think I watched too many reruns of "I Love Lucy" as a kid.

I've always wondered why so many colored 302s had straight handset cords when coiled cords were available.  Does anyone know what the extra cost was for them?  You'd think that as long as they were "springing" for the colored set, they'd go all the way.  They also seem more compact for display purposes....they don't get in the way as much.

Jim
Jim H.

Dennis Markham

Beautiful 302 collection, Doug!  It's always nice to look at them again, and again and................

~Dennis.envious

Babybearjs

Hey Doug, I forgot to ask, how many of those phones did you get from OPW? some of them look awful familiar....
John

Doug Rose

Quote from: Babybearjs on January 21, 2016, 04:32:19 PM
Hey Doug, I forgot to ask, how many of those phones did you get from OPW? some of them look awful familiar....
NONE.....I have only bought clear 302 dial covers from OPW. Nothing else. These phones are all in original/ as found condition.
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Doug Rose on January 21, 2016, 05:49:14 PM
[These phones are all in original/ as found condition.
Wasn't the Brown 302 powdercoated by Persido?
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Doug Rose

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on January 21, 2016, 07:23:50 PM
Quote from: Doug Rose on January 21, 2016, 05:49:14 PM
[These phones are all in original/ as found condition.
Wasn't the Brown 302 powdercoated by Persido?
Christian...you are correct. Not OPW....sorry this was NOT original as found..Doug
Kidphone