"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Topics in need of repair due to the Photobucket Ransom

Started by AE_Collector, November 07, 2017, 09:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

Quote from: TelePlay on November 10, 2017, 12:34:12 PM
This is Mr. Bones' signature as it displays with the Firefox extension enabled.

I noticed it on my mobile phone browser this morning (no addons on there other than an adblocker) so was easy to spot... :)

TelePlay

Quote from: twocvbloke on November 10, 2017, 02:06:09 PM
I noticed it on my mobile phone browser this morning (no addons on there other than an adblocker) so was easy to spot... :)

Not anymore!

Turns out Mr. Bones logged in this morning right about when we were posting our replies and must have spotted our discussion because he has modified his profile, taken his signature off.

He could of at least said "Hi" and let us know what's new . . .

TelePlay

AE_Collector

Nick in Manitou

I just want to say thanks for all the effort!

A lot of us gain a lot from this forum and I wanted to say thank you to John and the others for the time and energy they put in on our behalf!

Sincerely!

AE_Collector

John does an incredible amount of work on the forum. Everyone who posts here contributes but much of what John does makes the experience here just that much better.

Thanks everyone and particularly John.

Terry

TelePlay

Quote from: AE_Collector on November 25, 2017, 09:40:59 AM
John does an incredible amount of work on the forum. Everyone who posts here contributes but much of what John does makes the experience here just that much better.

Thanks everyone and particularly John.

Thanks, Terry, but in the words of Steven Seagal, "I'm just a cook" trying to make this forum the best it can be with a lot of wonderful and thankful help from the membership - they are the ones that make this forum what it truly is.

WEBellSystemChristian

Here's one:

www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on December 11, 2017, 09:59:15 PM
Here's one:

www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Sorry, could not be fixed. Either the Photobucket account has been deleted or moved or the images themselves have been deleted or moved.

GLadstone

Quote from: TelePlay on December 11, 2017, 11:06:05 PM
Sorry, could not be fixed. Either the Photobucket account has been deleted or moved or the images themselves have been deleted or moved.

Hi TelePlay,

I'm still able to see the images, so I attached a screenshot to the original topic and sent you a PM with the image links (copy & paste).

Hope you can see the images in the links!

Thanks again for all your help with archiving these images!

Take care,
GLadstone

TelePlay

Quote from: GLadstone on December 12, 2017, 02:04:32 AM
Hi TelePlay,

I'm still able to see the images, so I attached a screenshot to the original topic and sent you a PM with the image links (copy & paste).

Hope you can see the images in the links!

Thanks again for all your help with archiving these images!

Take care,
GLadstone

Thanks, seems my add-on went bad. Reinstalled it and I can now see the images. Unfortunately, Nilsog was a major user of external links and I just spent 2 hours processing but only making it through a bit less than half of his posts finding 121 images which were processed requiring 1089 clicks to process and another 182 clicks to upload the processed images to the respective posts. Only 114 more posts to check once my arm and hand recover from mouse clicking. A major mistake for members to have used external links in the first 5 years of the forum's existence. So far, two of his single replies each had 17 externally linked photos, links to those can be found in the edit note at this post:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702.msg77144#msg77144

Going forward, I am really leaning toward simply deleting any post that does not have supporting images attached or any post that includes an externally linked image. We've know of this problem for several years now and for some to count on me to do their "secretarial" work is abuse of my time. Other forums delete such posts so why not this one given all that has been said on this issue?

EDIT Note: the saving vs copying to paint and saving seems to be machine dependent. The older laptop I was using had issues displaying the images and saving them. The old desk top I recently upgraded from XP to WIN7 has neither of these problems so will use this machine to fix the remaining Nilsog externally linked images.

WEBellSystemChristian

Here's another one, on the second page, reply #90:

www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=717.50
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford