News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Clear Telephones (by Jim S. and others)

Started by Jim Stettler, December 29, 2009, 12:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Roody on November 15, 2020, 01:09:11 PM
I will throw my clear ones into the pile. On the left is a WE 500DM that I just found this week that was listed for the large sum of $25.00. On the right is a Stromberg- Carlson 500D from the son of a retired Stromberg employee that was his desk phone when he worked there.

Gary Z

Very nice pair of clears! Good score on the WE 500DM.

I just made room in my display case for a couple more clears I have coming my way. I had to take out the coloured 302's to make room for them. I moved the 302's to another display case.

Gary Z

Making room for a couple of more? Can't wait to see them!

Quote from: Roody on November 15, 2020, 02:23:22 PM
Making room for a couple of more? Can't wait to see them!

Scroll back to reply 111.

Jim Stettler

I will throw my clear ones into the pile. On the left is a WE 500DM that I just found this week that was listed for the large sum of $25.00. On the right is a Stromberg- Carlson 500D from the son of a retired Stromberg employee that was his desk phone when he worked there.

Gary Z

Put the $25.00 clear in the find of the month.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jim Stettler

Gary Z

Does the clear SC have a clear network?  One of my clear SC 500 sets (9-71) has a clear network, it is the only one I have seen.
You live, You learn,

Gary Z

Yes, the network is clear.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

My ITT 2500 and AE80 clears have finally arrived! Now the work begins. Take them apart and give them a good cleaning.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Duffy on November 25, 2020, 09:28:22 AM
My ITT 2500 and AE80 clears have finally arrived! Now the work begins. Take them apart and give them a good cleaning.
Those are pretty cool sets.

I have some questions about the ITT.
That is a Canadian ITT. I have only seen the US versions.

Is the housing marked or blank? All (but 1) the US clears ITT 2500 sets are branded.

Is there a number molded inside by the cradle?
I can't see a number. All the clear US ITT sets I have seen have a number molded inside. It is probably the same number  molded on all the US housing, no matter the color. I don't recall if the branded clear has the number.

Does the handset plastic match the housing plastic or is it different?
The plastics look like they are different to me. If they are different then they may be created with sample plastic. Or the handset was replaced later.

You are really getting a very nice collection of clear sets.
Jim
You live, You learn,

Quote from: Jim Stettler on November 25, 2020, 08:58:36 PM
Those are pretty cool sets.

I have some questions about the ITT.
That is a Canadian ITT. I have only seen the US versions.
Yes, the frame is Canadian, So I'm assuming the body is also.

Is the housing marked or blank? All (but 1) the US clears ITT 2500 sets are branded.
Marked with ITT. Handset is marked as well.

Is there a number molded inside by the cradle?
Yes

I can't see a number. All the clear US ITT sets I have seen have a number molded inside. It is probably the same number  molded on all the US housing, no matter the color. I don't recall if the branded clear has the number.

Does the handset plastic match the housing plastic or is it different?
The plastics look like they are different to me. If they are different then they may be created with sample plastic. Or the handset was replaced later.
Yes they match. The plastics are the soft plastic and smell like it too. The body, handset and caps are all soft plastic.

You are really getting a very nice collection of clear sets.
Jim

Thanks Jim

I left the last picture in high rez so you can blow it up and see the details.

Jim Stettler

Wow,
That is  a really cool set .The hi rez is the  way to go.

You should enter one of them in the find of the month.
In my opinion the ITT is scarcer, but many people think the AE80 has a cooler look.
Your phones ,your call.
Great finds,

Jim
You live, You learn,

FABphones

Nice additions.

Quote from: Duffy on November 25, 2020, 09:39:39 PM
I left the last picture in high rez...

Thanks for that. Excluding endcaps, is the ITT handset molded in two pieces (left/right)? Is the AE handset molded in two or more parts (could you add a hi-res photo of each side of that one as well please). Am intrigued as to how these were made. Clever.

:)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Quote from: FABphones on November 26, 2020, 04:00:44 AM

(could you add a hi-res photo of each side of that one as well please).

:)

Let me see what I can do.