News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Clear Telephones (by Jim S. and others)

Started by Jim Stettler, December 29, 2009, 12:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

and I'm still waiting for that clear 564 to show up at a decent price... wonder if WE ever made a 2564 to go with it??
John

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Babybearjs on December 13, 2020, 10:47:53 PM
and I'm still waiting for that clear 564 to show up at a decent price... wonder if WE ever made a 2564 to go with it??
I have a clear Kellogg Key set. I have heard of clear WE keysets. I haven't seen any of them or photos,

I have always gone on the assumption that any telephone made had at least 1 example created in clear.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Babybearjs

Jim, do you have your clear 564 setup and working? I'd be doing that as a conversation piece.... those one of a kind phone always get people talking!
John

Jim Stettler

The cord is cut, but that makes it easier to display.
You live, You learn,

Babybearjs

I'd be removing the cord, that way you can reinstall it later if you wanted to use it...
John

Found this on eBay.

Build your own clear telephone.

As listed:

Vintage Plastic Clear See Through Telephone Amerikit AK-750 Phone Kit NEON 80s. Condition is "New".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Plastic-Clear-See-Through-Telephone-Amerikit-AK-750-Phone-Kit-NEON-80s/224260597157

countryman

Nice! It looks much like this Conair trimline style phone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzvjoX13N-w
Back in the days, a great kit and a nice success when you got it assembled as an item for everyday use!

kleenax

Quote from: Key2871 on December 13, 2020, 08:29:52 PM
Yea I was thinking Ray would be the ideal candidate.
Some in ten and twelve button, for those who need them. Sorry Ray, but hey you do fantastic work.
Guess I am a little slow and just saw this. Truthfully, I have a couple original, back-painted 10-button faceplates that I got from Dave Willingham years ago to recreate, and have never gotten around to it; sorry!
Just like the AE#2, AE#4 w/dial, AE80 & 90; "haven't gotten to it yet" :-(
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Duffy on December 30, 2020, 10:20:06 AM
Found this on eBay.

Build your own clear telephone.

As listed:

Vintage Plastic Clear See Through Telephone Amerikit AK-750 Phone Kit NEON 80s. Condition is "New".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Plastic-Clear-See-Through-Telephone-Amerikit-AK-750-Phone-Kit-NEON-80s/224260597157

I have one of those . I have seen 5 or 6 of them for sale over the years. One was built , but still had the box.
I think I paid around $20.00.
Jim
You live, You learn,

This ad is for Jim.

1975 Bell System 2 page center magazine ad.

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,

markosjal

I bought a lot of phones from a guy , mostly WE and SC but this was in there too.

I do not have much love for this so if you want to buy or trade for other parts , make offer.

Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

Jim Stettler

Quote from: markosjal on January 27, 2021, 03:29:35 PM
I bought a lot of phones from a guy , mostly WE and SC but this was in there too.

I do not have much love for this so if you want to buy or trade for other parts , make offer.

The colorful card (directory) on the base is typically missing on this style of clear phone when you find them used.
Just an observation,
Jim
You live, You learn,

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Duffy on January 28, 2021, 09:23:19 PM
Another ad for Jim.
That is the first time I have seen that ad.
Thanks duffy.
You live, You learn,