News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Brown Swirled Trimline

Started by ....., March 03, 2020, 04:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I traded a Red Northern Electric 500 for this Swirled Trimline phone.
Gave it a cleaning and a buffing.

HarrySmith

WOW! Very cool looking phone. Are you sure it is WE plastics? I do not see any markings, am I missing something?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Quote from: HarrySmith on March 03, 2020, 05:08:55 PM
WOW! Very cool looking phone. Are you sure it is WE plastics? I do not see any markings, am I missing something?

I never said it was a WE, I just called it a Trimline. I'm not sure what it is. This is a first Trimline for me. I'm a Northern Electric guy. :)

Jim Stettler

Nice looking swirl set.

I think it is SC slenderette plastics and handset guts with WE trimline  base guts.

I think the handset is a standard swirl. The base plastic  is more intense than you usually see on the SC Brown swirl. It may of been a back-door piece, Later some one added the WE guts.

I buy swirled parts when I can find them, a single base, or handset or plastics will sell pretty cheap compared to a complete swirled set. I also swap around bases and handsets to see which pieces look the best together.
Jim

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

HarrySmith

AHH, I saw the WE base and made the connection that way. It is a very cool phone no matter who made it!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Quote from: Jim Stettler on March 03, 2020, 05:53:01 PM
Nice looking swirl set.

I think it is SC slenderette plastics and handset guts with WE trimline  base guts.

I think the handset is a standard swirl. The base plastic  is more intense than you usually see on the SC Brown swirl. It may of been a back-door piece, Later some one added the WE guts.

I buy swirled parts when I can find them, a single base, or handset or plastics will sell pretty cheap compared to a complete swirled set. I also swap around bases and handsets to see which pieces look the best together.
Jim

Here are the pictures of the inside the base and handset. This piece of paper fell out of the handset when I opened it.

compubit

Very nice!

Brown swirled is the one "color" of the standard swirled colors I don't have.  I do have the red, "butterscotch" and green swirls.

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Found this ad on Paul Fassbender's site.

Jim Stettler

Here is another ad , from this thread:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2099.msg28133#msg28133

There is a SC calendar with a green/white slenderette set as one of the month photos. All the photos in
Jim

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Vern P

I picked up some of theses housings on my 2009 trip, don't remember what colors. The good parts is I think I know we're they are in my mess.
Vern