News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I 37 5H dial find and a maroon? kellogg select-o-phone

Started by phonium, November 22, 2020, 03:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phonium

Yesterday I went back to the yard sale and got some more stuff. My favorites are this 1937 5H dial, and a Kellogg select-o-phone in maroon/mahogany (I think). Is this dial rare? If so, what is the value? Also, is the maroon Select-o-phone valuable? Will get pictures of that later.
George Amores
ATCA#4857

Doug Rose

George...one of the first 5H dials, it is a nice dial for an early WE 302. Is the dial plate Dated I 37?....Doug
Kidphone

phonium

George Amores
ATCA#4857

Doug Rose

George...very common to have dial plates upgraded.  Still a desirable dial for a first generation 302....Doug
Kidphone

phonium

Here is a photo of the Select-o-phone. It is hard to tell that it isn't black in the photo, but it is definitely a dark brown.
George Amores
ATCA#4857

Doug Rose

George ...the brown Kellogg's are a hard find, especially with no chips or cracks.

Select-0–Phones are their own private systems and will not work on today's phone networks.

Still a wonderful find....Doug
Kidphone

poplar1

Notice the phenol pulse pawl on the 5H "silent" dial. And the contact springs were not updated when the dial was reissued in 1945.

WE 4H dials were made from 230 - II 38
WE 5H dials with phenol pulse pawls were made from IV 36 - II 38.
WE 5H dials with standard pulse pawls were made from III 38 - 12/52.

The "silent" 5H dials seem to be harder to find than the 4H dials from the same years (1937 -  first half of 1938).
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Pourme

~

That brown Select-o-phone will clean up to look striking! Can't wait to see the finished piece! Great find....Find of the Month contender!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

phonium

I already have a 1950 WECo 500 in FOTM (gotten for $43). Is this a better find? I paid $60 but also got 2 464s, one with a 5H and one with a 6, and a 440 with a 4H, also 302 with a 4H. Typing that out it sounds better. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to change a nomination anyways though.
George Amores
ATCA#4857

Pourme

~

I forgot about your '50, WE500....You have a embarrassment of riches this month! Even if you could change, I think the 500 is a good choice!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service