News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

German "Priteg" wooden desk phone

Started by countryman, September 28, 2021, 03:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

countryman

Priteg = Privat-Telephon-Gesellschaft, a rental business for private exchanges and extension owned by H. Fuld, later T&N.
This one must be from the early 1920ies. It combines a dial, switches for 2 office lines and a line selector part for up to 10 extensions.

The phone was found incomplete and in rough condition. One of the office line switch assemblies was destroyed by zinc pest (I posted on this earlier).
I cleaned the wood and the mechanism meanwhile and replaced the dial with an almost contemporary type. The original one lacks the governor and the contact assembly. Most of the wiring harness is gone and also most contact springs of the office switches. It will not be possible to restore the complex switching that once allowed to combine the automatic office part with an intercom.
I looked for a complete wiring diagram but did not find one.
The handset that came with it might be the original one, but the internal iron parts are extremely rusty. I am still in the process of restoring it. The receiver coils are still good...

Doug Rose

That is coming out very nice. I love the old wood phones, wood is so resilient. I can't wait to see the finished phone.

I always enjoy seeing a phone I have never seen before....Doug
Kidphone