News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Clear Kotke 202

Started by Doug Rose, October 17, 2021, 01:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This is a beautiful Clear 202 made by fellow member Ray Kotke. This is just amazing!

Any plans to make another?  Simply Stunning.....Doug
Kidphone

Key2871

KEN

MMikeJBenN27

TelePlay

Not his first as seen with this slightly different one which includes a clear subset.

Where did that image come from? The attached image came from Facebook = https://www.facebook.com/recumbentcasting/

Doug Rose

Quote from: TelePlay on October 17, 2021, 04:32:49 PM

Where did that image come from? The attached image came from Facebook = https://www.facebook.com/recumbentcasting/

My pic came from TCI List
Kidphone

RB

FABphones

Quote from: Doug Rose on October 17, 2021, 01:34:59 PM
Any plans to make another?

If I recall correctly, you can place an order with Ray directly (message him via this forum).

:)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

kleenax

Quote from: Doug Rose on October 17, 2021, 01:34:59 PM
This is a beautiful Clear 202 made by fellow member Ray Kotke. This is just amazing!

Any plans to make another?  Simply Stunning.....Doug
Woke up this morning with my "ears burning", and found this thread on the forum!  ;-)

I believe that I have cast 3 of these now, total. It is a rather arduous task, with the many parts that comprise the handset, and of course, not every cast I make is acceptable at times, so it has to be done again (and sometimes again) before a casting can be utilized. So, I get bored with it and set it aside, sometimes for years at a time.

Right now, I am working on new molds for the Western Electric 684 subset cover, having gotten orders for over 100 pcs.  Additionally, I cannot use a finished mold to cast BOTH clear and Black because after casting black, I can no longer cast clear in that mold (leftover flashing, etc), so clears don't get cast too often unless I make new molds. I will cast more D1/202 and the E1 handsets, but probably not until Q1/2022.

Incidentally, since I now have the tooling completed and working for the complete E1 handset, I am working on an EARLY (small plunger) 302 body complete with the "vented" finger-hold, so stay tuned! Working on some other "cool" AE phones as well, like AE90, AE4A, AE2.....and trying to finish up the complete AE Model 183 SpaceMaker, complete with clear bellset cover. Maybe even some "SWIRLS"!
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC