News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ericofon Model 700

Started by FABphones, May 21, 2022, 12:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FABphones

:)  I have at last been able to add an Ericofon Model 700 to the collection. Introduced in 1976 to mark the 100th Anniversary of the LM Ericsson Company, the 700 had a touch button pad but were not touchtone. Apparently this was not a popular model, and listening to the (incoming call) buzzer I can understand why this might be.

The brown colourway seems to come up for sale the most in my location, but they don't quite fit in with the colour scheme I collect. To the eye this Ericofon is very much Ivory in colour, but according to the Ericofon available colours of the day they never made Ivory, meaning this phone was originally white. The colour over the years has changed evenly; no dark patches or other variations. Exactly the same even shade of Ivory all over. Hard to believe this might have been anything else. So as Ivory fits into my collection beautifully and having aged gracefully, this phone will remain exactly as is. It received just the usual Anti-bac clean, and looks good. No damage.

It will sit nicely alongside it's two older cousins.

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

paul-f

Congratulations on finding a most interesting and scarce phone.

It's a good candidate for Find of the Month.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

oldguy

Cool CJ. I have 2 Ericofons, the old dial ones.
Gary

tubaman

Very nice!
I have a 'white' dial version that has also faded to cream in a surprisingly even fashion.

FABphones

Thanks guys.

Quote...alongside it's two older cousins...
:)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble