"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My AE34 now has gold trim!

Started by finlover, June 05, 2010, 04:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Harry;
Even if we were somehow able to get every original facet, including the original factory workers, that made the original phones, it's still a reproduction.
There would be some that would try to pass them as N.O.S. and probably could get away with it, but it's been reproduced.
Never the less I would love to have one of every model W.E even if Reproduced.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

paul-f

Quote from: Dan/Panther on June 10, 2010, 12:45:08 PM
<snip>Never the less I would love to have one of every model W.E even if Reproduced.
D/P

D/P:  You seem to have enough real estate to display them all, too!  Go for it!
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dan/Panther

paul;
I'm not married either, But when I find that special lady, I can scream "Grandfathered In".
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

paul-f

Lucky man!

That reminds me of a fellow a friend introduced me to many years ago.  He was an insulator and street light collector.  His suburban lot had utility poles scattered through the back yard connecting the streetlights, using insulators from his collection.  He glassed in the back porch and had a control room with a panoramic view, and could put on light shows, reminding me of running my model train layout when I was a kid. Quite impressive.

Inside the house, the "dining room" had no furniture, but was floor to ceiling light boxes backlighting the serious part of the insulator collection.

He was in the process of getting a divorce.  Apparently his wife was concerned when he started collecting watt hour meters and they were gradually spreading up the walls on the cellar steps, heading for the ground floor.

Two years later, he had a new wife, who was apparently quite at home with the growing electrical collection.

One wonders what's happened since.  It probably involved moving to a larger house.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

JorgeAmely

I wonder what finlover is doing these days ...
Jorge