News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Monophone wire

Started by Bill Cahill, December 05, 2008, 09:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cahill

I have a 60's AE Monophone. The straight wire between the phone, and, the mouthpiece is broken at the mouthpiece. Would I be able to use a straight wire for a WE, or??
I am not familiar with the wiring on the monophones.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dan/Panther

Bill;
You can splice on any wire, or use a cord from a W.E. phone. A 4 conductor cord, with both white wires going to the earpiece, the the Black and Red goes to the mouth piece. In a pinch just about any proper sized flexable 4 conductor cord will work, just follow colors correctly.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Bill Cahill

Can someone help me get a good leinghth of proper straight wire for it?
Thanks.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

bingster

I would imagine four-conductor straight handset cord is going to be very hard to come by.  Almost all straight handset cords are three-conductor for pre-500 phones.  If you wanted to go cloth, it would be easy, but cloth on a 500-type phone would look silly, I think.
= DARRIN =

Bill Cahill

No. I think I'll just try to rewire it with the original wire.
Bill Cahill  :)

bingster

You could also try using a heavy four-conductor mounting cord.  You'd be without the thick section for strain relief at the handset, but it would give the right look otherwise.  You'd have to tinker with removing part of the casing, shortening two of the conductors, and replacing the lugs, but it should work.
= DARRIN =