stopthemachine's 4-1955 Red 500 with gray hdst cord $75 ebaY BIN
9 (34.6%)
Kenny C's 12-1950 WE500 that he got for $37 on ebaY
10 (38.5%)
John S's yellow soft plastic 554 from 11 and 12-56 - $20 off Craigslist
7 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Dan

I nominate  fellow Dan-aka Stop the machine --for his 1955 WE500 with original straight neutral gray cords and original (I believe) ivory wall cord. Nice find for $75 (with a princess and a green 500 added to boot!)

Here's the link to the thread on stopthemachine's $75 "Buy it Now" Red 500 with gray handset cord (and bonus phones).

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=4439.msg56917#msg56917
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

stopthemachine

Quote from: Dan on March 04, 2011, 07:03:22 PM
I nominate  fellow Dan-aka Stop the machine --for his 1955 WE500 with original straight neutral gray cords and original (I believe) ivory wall cord. Nice find for $75 (with a princess and a green 500 added to boot!)

(Dennis or someone insert picture here of his find please ???
Thank you for the nomination!  I hope to clean it, polish it, and take some pix Sunday.  It really is a beauty. 

Dan

Dan

I nominate Kenny-c's 1950 We500 that he got for a whopping $37 and some change. Feel free to transplant  a few of his pictures under this post. You guys are modest so  I am passing along your good fortune!! :)
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

jsowers

I nominate John S's yellow soft plastic 554 from 11 and 12-56. A very nice deal for $20 off Craigslist and a drive through picturesque Indiana. Here is the link to the post about it...

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=4501.0;topicseen

And below is a "before" picture.
Jonathan

John S

jsowers,

Thank you for the nomination.  Once I get the phone cleaned up, I will post new pictures on the site.  I never been excited to clean up a phone.... 

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Kenny C

Thanks Chuck. I am still in awe!!!
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

AE_Collector

Quote from: Rigger1 on March 26, 2011, 08:49:07 AM
Where do we vote?

Nominations end after the last day of each month and then the poll will be added to the thread. The poll isn't there yet becasue more "Finds of the Month" can be added right until the 31'st. One of the moderators will add posts to this thread several times reminding people to return and vote for their favorite "Find of the Month".

The end of the month is getting close so get your nominations in!

Terry

AE_Collector

Okay, Polls are open for March 2011's Find of the Month. The nominees each have good odds this month as there are only three entrants. Good luck to each of you!

The poll is set to not show you the results until you have placed your vote.

Terry

AE_Collector

Well it looks like Kenny has won the "Find of the Month" for March 2011. It was a close contest this month but I think this was the first time that Kenny has won after several good telephone finds. Correct me if I am wrong.

Congrats Kenny and everyone keep finding those deals on phones (or at least tip me off where to look and I'll try to find them).

Thanks for voting everyone, this month we had 26 votes which might be a record number.

Terry