News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Century Stick

Started by Doug Rose, August 12, 2012, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I found this last week in Maine. Super cheap, but it doesn't look right to me. I haven't had time to take it apart. The mouthpiece should be threaded on the inside and not the outside. At first look I thought that was the way it was until I saw the threads. I am looking for a a MP, repro is fine...thanks..Doug
Kidphone

wds

Very nice phone.  The transmitter is correct with the outside threads.  The only thing that looks wrong is the base plate.  I've never been able to find the correct mouthpiece to go with that phone - the closest I have come is one from phoneco.  I had to sand the inside threads down a little on the phoneco mp, then it worked fine.   Too bad it didn't have the shorty receiver.
Dave

Doug Rose

Quote from: wds on August 12, 2012, 06:40:22 PM
Very nice phone.  The transmitter is correct with the outside threads.  The only thing that looks wrong is the base plate.  I've never been able to find the correct mouthpiece to go with that phone - the closest I have come is one from phoneco.  I had to sand the inside threads down a little on the phoneco mp, then it worked fine.   Too bad it didn't have the shorty receiver.
thanks Dave>>>its the shorty receiver....I knew something was bothering me. The base plate is a WE, I'm working on the lock on the correct one....thanks...Doug
Kidphone