News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 302 Bell "Tinkle"

Started by savageje, February 08, 2010, 01:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savageje

I feel silly saying "tinkle," but that is the terminology that I have heard used to refer to this problem.  At any rate, the ringer will not ring both gongs unless they are adjusted to be what I consider to be very close to the clapper.  The ring sounds good, but it is pretty quiet.  The most annoying problem is that this positioning causes the gongs to "tinkle" during incidental movement of the phone, particularly during dialing and hanging up the handset -- makes it sound like a toy phone.  I have tried adjusting the bias spring to improve the performance of the ringer to no avail.  Does anyone have any suggestions, or is the ringer just shot? 

bingster

What sort of phone service is the 302 connected to?
= DARRIN =

savageje

I am using AT&T U-verse as my phone service, but the phone itself is connected to a GE Instajack (a wireless phone jack setup where the line voltage comes through a transformer plugged into the wall) .  My 500s seem to ring nice and loud when connected the same way.

Doug Rose

Inside the top or the ringer, almost in between the bells there is a rod, lift it up with a small flat head and slide it all the way forward towards the front off the phone. There should be three notches, put it in the first one. See if that helps. Slide the bells a little further apart so the clapper can move and ring LOUD!!!!.....good luck....Doug
Kidphone

Tim Mc

I'm new to the forum, but have gotten a lot of advice from here over the past several months.  I just wanted to thank the contributors here for their input, most recently Doug for reminding why there is a bias adjustment on the 302 ringer to prevent bell tinkle.  I messed with a sensitive 302 for 30 mins or so, but found the answer here in a few seconds.  So, thanks Doug!

Doug Rose

Tim....you are most welcome!!  You will enjoy the Forum....it doesn't get any better than here. Welcome....Doug
Kidphone