News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Phones with Message Waiting Lights

Started by paul-f, December 08, 2018, 07:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul-f

While sorting, I found several message waiting sets. Here are a few from WE (also covered on my site).

I'll add more from other makers and hope others will add to the photo collection.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

paul-f

Here's an ITT Trendline with message waiting in the handle. Interesting.

paul-f

Here's an AE 80 with message waiting.

The catalogs I found so far only show MW as an add-on option. If ordered with the conversion kit, was it installed in the factory or field?

I don't recall seeing many of these. Anyone else have one?

Paul,

Here is a 2 line Contempra that I got from AE_Collector earlier this year.

paul-f

Interesting set, Doug.

I have several in my collection that have been in the "Research This" pile for some time. There is a circuit board inside marked Crest Industries. Do you know whether they were a supplier to NT, or did Crest buy Contempras on an OEM basis from NT and modify them for sale in their proprietary configuration? I'll start a separate topic for a discussion.

[edit -- Topic started:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=21516.0]

I believe the buttons are for two lines and hold, not message waiting.

Your response beat my post of the Contempra Message Waiting set that's shown on my site here: 
     http://www.paul-f.com/nt/ContMW.jpg
I hope you or someone will post some good photos, as I'd like to upgrade those on the site.

Here is a 1990's Northern Telecom Jazz. If you are looking for the newer ones as well.

paul-f

This WE Panel phone had a MW light added.

Here is a NOS late 1990's Nortel Galileo, Made in China by Telematrix with Message Waiting.