News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

eBay HACKER Extraordinaire

Started by Pourme, August 25, 2017, 07:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

This seller, 1stwebauctions (16137 ), was first brought to my attention when my "Western Electric" saved search turned up this Western Electric turn table.

When I looked, at the description I saw the statment pictured below. The seller lists each auction saying he will remove all bids and each item is offered for $1,000.00 with free shipping. Out of curiosity I looked at the sellers other auctions, each one has the same instructions to send him a message and purchase the item. Why not just enter it as a BIN? At one time he had 2,800 items, at this writing he had 2,352.

The other odd thing are the items he has. Business copiers the size of kitchen cabinets, Gibson guitars (one he claims was out of Les Paul's personal collection) Gibsons autographed and previously owned by a rock star, several full sets of drums, huge espresso machines, John Deere Gator 4x4, Hummer style golf cart! All items appear to be top grade items. Not sure but they all look like 24hr auctions that just started, I could be wrong.

A very diversified offering of items...All for $1000.00 with free shipping!

So odd, I wanted someone else to see and comment. It's almost like he just took pictures of items at random and started auctions. Is this not suspicious?

Benny

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

AL_as_needed

Maybe he got the items as lots from a gov auction and the 1000$ price is his break even number?

....Or its a front for something else to send the money to a place we cannot discuss that is staffed  by people that never existed....  8)
TWinbrook7

TelePlay

Isn't this just another scam where someone hijacked a real eBay seller's account and put up hundreds of bogus items?

Pourme

Something is very wrong with this....EBAY should be looking at this...In my opinion
Benny

Ktownphoneco

As John mentioned, it's most likely a "high jacked" user account.    I sent the seller a message and phoned eBay.     They're taking action on it.

Jeff Lamb

Pourme

Good!....Let's see what happens....

The hacker did a lot of work, I don't know if all 2,000 auctions are fake, but every one I looked at was. There is a lot of time and effort involved in that.
Benny

TelePlay

This has happened before and it takes eBay a day or two to internally cancel all of the listings.

It could be the scammer has some way of quickly putting bogus items into a hacked account. In the past few times it was discussed on the forum, the same item, same picture, showed up under different legit, but probably hacked, seller accounts. That lets them quickly put up a lot of items, maybe grab a few bucks form unsuspecting buyers and never ship. Or some variation of that including getting bidder/buyer information.

Here is one recent topic that covered this issue very well.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=18114.0

Pourme

Our hacker has hit another account. Some of the same items w/ the same MO has showed up on seller  1st_web_sales (480512 ) .

I sent a message to the seller. No telling how many accounts he has hit. How does he get into these accounts?

Benny
Benny

markosjal

My ebay account was hacked back in about 2004. I had previosly used the account but had no sales at the time. The hacker "sold" many items. I was unaware of. I guess he had changed the email address. Not sure if/what products were actually delived but I was notified of owing a couple grand for cars sold, etc.

Turned out it was someone I knew and was also someone that ebay knew as well as he had a similar history with ebay . turned out the cops were also looking for the guy because of his previous ebay fraud. . He made sure he did enough legit sales on my account to keep it going , even selling cars. I imagine he was working up to selling a non-existent more expensive car before he was done. 

I later found he sold the cars for a mutual friend who was equally shocked.

Ebay was very nice about the whole deal and even confirmed certain details to me that assured me I knew who it was.

I can say this does happen and sometimes it is someone we may know to some level. Had I really "known" him, I would have been more cautious. I am pretty sure he got my login by watching me login.
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish