News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric 50 AL

Started by wds, November 14, 2011, 07:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Picked up another 50al from Ebay last week.  $40 including shipping.  This is my second one with the early Jan 1 18 date.  No dial, but it did have the original dial harness.  But I mainly wanted to show the dial card - also, the inside of the base is stamped in red, IRI TV-31 ( I think - hard to read).  TV stamp on the inside, with the hospital dial card.  I thought the center ring cover was pretty neat.
Dave

Dennis Markham

Very cool phone & center ring cover, Dave.  I think that might be IV-31.....fourth quarter of 31.  Looks like an "I" in the photo.  Could it be (R)...like "Repaired" the IVth quarter of '31?

LarryInMichigan

How do you keep finding these things?  BTW, if you're up for another long drive (even longer than the last), here's something: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/atq/2699889283.html. ( dead link 04-02-21 )

Larry

wds

Repaired IV-31 makes sense.  Might also explain the wiring harness, and maybe the bulldog transmitter. 
Dave

wds

Picked up the phones from the Craigs list ad.  I could of swore by looking at the pictures that there was a gray 302 in that pile of phones.  Turned out to be a plastic 302 covered in mold.  He lowered his price to $30 for all 10, and I'll get rid of the 500 model phones on Ebay.  The B1 was nice, with the E-1 handset and a nice cloth coiled cord. 
Dave

LarryInMichigan

Dave,

I really didn't think that you would drive that far.  You can get rid of the B1 by sending it to me :)

Larry

Kenny C

Well if Larry gets the B1, I think those 302s would feel at home here ;) ::)  ;D
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

wds

Between you two, all I'm going to have left are the cords!  Still sorting the phones - upon closer inspection one of the 500's is actually a 5302.  Also came up with two very nice cloth line cords, and two very nice coiled cloth cords.  Overall, I'm pretty happy with this haul.
Dave

LarryInMichigan

I thought that one of the phones in the pictures looked like a 5302.  I guess that I am not as insane as I thought.

Larry

JorgeAmely

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on November 15, 2011, 06:52:32 PM
I thought that one of the phones in the pictures looked like a 5302.  I guess that I am not as insane as I thought.

Larry

Larry .........................  ok, I won't pop your bubble.   ;D ;D ;D
Jorge