News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Look what I bought!!!

Started by Kenton K, July 23, 2014, 09:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenton K

Browsing ebay again and found this. At first glance its a teletrainer. (lol not again). But if you take a closer look, it also comes with two 500 sets. And one of those sets might be a rose beige!!!! I am hoping that shipping cost will pay off! What do you think? was it worth it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=351125211263

----------------

EDIT: Sold for $50.00 plus shipping

LarryInMichigan

That second phone undoubtedly looks to be rose beige.  It alone is worth much more than the price of the whole purchase.  The other phone is probably ivory and likely soft plastic as well.  I sure hope that the seller packs all of this well.

Larry

Kenton K

Yeah, I always send packing instructions to all my phone purchases. And I link to paul-f's save the phones page.

-KK

Dennis Markham

Nice grab KK!  You can usually tell Rose Beige by the white letters/numbers on the dial bezel.  The regular Light Beige phones have black letters/numerals.  Congratulations.  I hope they don't ship them like they are in the photo though.

~Dennis

WesternElectricBen

Great find, Kenton.

I love the earlier model teletrainer, but as stated the real find is the rose beige set. If they aren't discolored, they look beautiful when restored (in my opinion.)

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow, that's pretty exciting! Do you think those are original rose beige cords? I think the dial bezel on that phone is worth $50 alone, congratulations!!!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Kenton K

When did WE change from start using rose beige cords, as opposed to gray?

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Kenton K on July 24, 2014, 09:16:42 PM
When did WE change from start using rose beige cords, as opposed to gray?
I think it was around 1954-55. I would believe the original rose beige cords would be more valuable, as apposed to grey cords.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WesternElectricBen

I've heard 1956, but maybe Paul F's site has better information.

Ben

tptech302

My rose beige is dated 2/55 all parts are from 1 to 3 of 55 and straight gray cords on it

Kenton K

I was under the impression that they started with grey cords, then switched to beige cords.

Ken

jsowers

Spring of 1956 is when dark beige's cords started matching. Before that they were dark gray. There's a nice ad that announced the full color status. Straight cords were still available, but not in dark blue or moss green that I've ever seen. So this ad has a few possible mistakes in the cords. But it's correct on dark beige, yellow and red.

Congrats on getting those nice phones with the Teletrainer.
Jonathan

Kenton K

Well, its been almost 3 weeks and guess what, USPS lost my package. Its been found now, but it was sitting in some town in Colorado for almost 3 weeks. It was priority mail, so it should have only taken a few days. Good old USPS. Yesterday, it somehow arrived in Illinois before flying to California where I live. Its out for delivery right now so I have my fingers crossed that nothing is broken.

Kenton

LarryInMichigan

Elk Grove Village is a Chicago suburb next to O'Hare airport.  I think that there is a large USPS sorting(/storage) facility there.  I hope that your phones arrives safely. 

Larry

Kenton K

Yay! It finally came. It looks like a good 55-56. Will post pics.