News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

US Mint Telephone $1 Coin

Started by Ed Morris, October 29, 2020, 01:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FABphones

I don't need a whole roll but one would be nice to add to the collection.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Jim Stettler

The are truly mint condition.
I may order some.
At work we buck-up $1 to take the birthday boy out to lunch. Some guys give out the $1 coins.
These would be fun to use for that purpose.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One guy used to give $1.00 coins for the birthday boy and  had pads of brand new $1 and $2 bills.
He would peel off a $2 bill for a tip and peel off singles at the register to pay his bill. He got some strange looks.

His wife worked for a bank and would bring him bundles of bills for pocket money, he took them to the print shop and had them turned into pads.
His pocket money was pads of  $1 or $2  bills and $1 coins.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

compubit

I've gotten the "this isn't real money" for both the $1 coin and $2 bill...

Of course less cash is being used (COVID, coin shortage, youth not using cash...).

J
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Jim Stettler

Quote from: compubit on October 29, 2020, 08:56:40 PM
I've gotten the "this isn't real money" for both the $1 coin and $2 bill...

I have gotten this isn't real money on the old $100.00 bills . Luckily they had an older employee that could verify that it was real.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

SunriseEarth

Looks like you can also get this as part of a proof set.  They'll also sell a proof on its own starting on 11/23/20.  I may need to get that one. 

https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-innovation-2020-1-reverse-proof-coin-massachusetts-20GF.html?cgid=american-innovation-1-coins
Tony Stokes

TCI Member; ATCA Member #4893