News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A new try at "right-side-up" photos

Started by Lee David Day, January 27, 2017, 06:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee David Day

I need help in identifying this phone, and how to  get it open?

Also, I have tried putting the photos on their side in my album.

I hope they don't come out upside down.

twocvbloke

Automatic Electric, "AE80", and two screws on the base to release the shell... :)

Lee David Day

Is there some way to edit photos after they've
been attached to the Forum?

Doug Rose

Lee....use your camera edit on your PC to rotate them. I used to have a separate program, but the one that came on Windows 10 is superb. No way I know off to change them once they are posted, just remove them, rotate them and repost them....Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Quote from: Lee David Day on January 28, 2017, 08:40:29 AM
Is there some way to edit photos after they've
been attached to the Forum?

No.

Have you checked your Personal Messages on the forum?

Lee David Day

OK, another try. A'58 500, with a 1948 handset

Ktownphoneco

RD 1948 stands for (usually)  "Research & Development", meaning something to the effect that the handset received approval at the research and development stage.     The actual manufacture date would be sometime after that date.     The manufacturing date on some handsets, but not all, may be stamped inside the transmitter or receiver compartment, and usually in red or vermilion colored ink.     If the handset has it's original transmitter and receiver, they should be stamped, but there's always a chance one or both, were changed out at a later date.   Generally speaking, date stamps on transmitters and receivers aren't considered all that reliable with respect to the handset itself.    That 500 series set is fairly old, and it's stamped on the base 1958 as you've pointed out. If the handset is original to the set, then it's date of manufacture will most likely be 1958 as well, or very close to it.

Jeff

Lee David Day

Thank you Ktownphoneco

The attached photo is from inside the handset molded RD 1948. So
that explains it
DDay