News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Question about North Electric "GALION"

Started by silvermisha, February 14, 2017, 10:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silvermisha

I am new to collecting rotary phones and I just bought this phone on Ebay and it has no line cord. I can't check it out to see what is wrong with it without it. Can anyone tell Me what line cord i need to get. I've seen 4 wire to modular line cords but the schematic has 3 wires going in and I can't find any. If I can't find a 3 wire can I use a 4 wire? If so where do I connect the 4th wire.

poplar1

You need only 2 wires -- which connect to "L1" and "L2" on the induction coil.

You may have to move one ringer wire that would have been connected to the yellow line cord wire originally.

However, many of these phones have "frequency selective" ringers for use on party lines, and this type ringer probably won't ring on a modern line.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

poplar1

If you want to furnish the ebay item #, perhaps there are some photos of the phone?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

silvermisha

TelePlay

Quote from: poplar1 on February 14, 2017, 11:10:54 PM
If you want to furnish the ebay item #, perhaps there are some photos of the phone?

Well, good idea by poplar1 but no internal photos on the eBay listing. Nothing on the base either to indicate type of ringer installed

So, if you could open the phone and take photos of the base and dial showing all connections, someone on the forum should be able to help you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371856947272

BTW, welcome to the forum.