News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

GPO Trimphone dial, radiation suits at the ready!!!

Started by twocvbloke, February 18, 2013, 12:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

Okay, it's not one of the tritium tubed ones (asked the seller to check to make sure!!), so no risk of radiation, even if they weren't any more radioactive than a wristwatch... :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221188261697

I thought I'd buy it to see if I could rig up something inside it to make it glow without any radioactive materials, aswell as see if it'd fit a 746, cos I've been wondering about that for a couple of years but never got a dial to try... :D

Bought that alongside that 2nd 95A socket, so, both from the same seller, I just forgot to mention this one... :D

david@london

............looks dangerous.

...........invest in one of these asap-

twocvbloke

Quote from: david@london on February 18, 2013, 03:57:12 PM
............looks dangerous.

...........invest in one of these asap-

I was hoping to get one of these, and the radiation suit too... :D

twocvbloke

Got it, and, er, it IS a Tritium-tube equipped version, only the glow is so minimal I can't get a picture of it... :D

twocvbloke

Well, scrap that last comment about not being able to get a picture, with my old camera on nightshot, and some post processing pushing the brightness & contrast right up to the limits, I got this picture, it's nowhere near as bright as that in real life, but you can see it's still got life in it, although, there is a crack in the tube near the bottom end, which is probably why it's brighter at the top than the bottom... :D

I'm not worried though, a lump of granite is more radioative than this thing... :D