News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Agatha Christies "Poirot" (PBS, ITV, NetFlicks)

Started by Babybearjs, March 14, 2017, 01:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Talk about major disappointments with this show. I was on Season 1, Episode 5. Logged on to NetFlix tonight to continue watching and instead of resuming where I left off, it showed Season 7, Episode 1 and my next episode.

Chatted with NetFlix to find the license for Seasons 1-6 ended and the license for 7 to the end started. They said they do rotate the license so I can watch the episode now, starting from just after he retired to the end and hope to catch the first 6 seasons the next time around. What a bummer, the loss of continuity.    :-\

19and41

Big loss with the change in nature of the program as they are pretty much different series.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

TelePlay

Quote from: 19and41 on March 16, 2017, 08:04:01 AM
Big loss with the change in nature of the program as they are pretty much different series.

Yes, Season 7 starts with Poirot being newly retired so I missed out on his working career. As you said, an almost totally different nature to the show. Well, if it is two shows as to nature, I can still look forward to the "other" show when they re-license it.

Fabius

Quote from: 19and41 on March 16, 2017, 08:04:01 AM

Yes, it is two different  shows. I much preferred the earlier episodes with their light humor. The later episodes are "darker" and I refuse to watch the last episode. Is an explanation given for the change? Do the books do the same?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

19and41

I saw a documentary on the author.  The public apparently liked Poirot more than she did as time went on.  In the last stories she was debating on finally doing him in.  I can only guess that she penned such dour and dark stories to wean the public away from a character she had grown tired of.  It was a bit sad watching the final episode,  but The Big Four made my flesh crawl.  That made it, for me, just touching base with the last ones.   
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Babybearjs

I was watching the episode "cards on the table" and recognized 2 actors from other shows, Deep space 9 and harry potter #1  interesting how actors you see on other series show up in the strangest places.... the story line was real deep...hard to follow.
John