News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Nasty Pay Phone

Started by Fabius, May 13, 2017, 10:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

This pay phone is located in South Bend Indiana. Installed by a non telco company back when the telecos started getting out of the pay phone business. Been out of service for many a year. I have passed by this phone a lot and finally stopped and took a picture. Handset elements/caps smashed. It is filthy! Has some type of grim all over it.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Pourme

It's a orphan phone....

or 'Orphone'... ;)
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

AL_as_needed

Quote from: Pourme on May 13, 2017, 11:25:46 AM
It's a orphan phone....

or 'Orphone'... ;)

This mean its free for adoption?
TWinbrook7

RotarDad

This was the payphone Janet Jackson sang about........ ;)
Paul

Fabius

Quote from: AL_as_needed on May 13, 2017, 01:21:02 PM
This mean its free for adoption?

Absolutely! Let me know when you are coming to pick it up and I'll tell you the intersection it's at. South Bend is lovely this time of year.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

AL_as_needed

Quote from: Fabius on May 13, 2017, 08:15:51 PM
Absolutely! Let me know when you are coming to pick it up and I'll tell you the intersection it's at. South Bend is lovely this time of year.

Dont tempt me! lol. There are a few very much forlorn pay stations near me that I have been tempted to "adopt", but with my luck some tel-co would come a knocking.  :o
TWinbrook7

andre_janew

I know just what you mean!  My grandmother always told me to be careful of the phone cops!  (Luckily, I've never encountered one!)

AL_as_needed

In all seriousness, I'd really like a phone like this one. Naturally id fix it to a point where it actually worked (and was sanitary to be near/handle), but I think a the wear, graffiti, and other "street mods" add to its story and the fall of payphones as a whole.
TWinbrook7