News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A WE cup with a hole or did it almost have a hole?

Started by rfkimba, March 10, 2014, 03:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfkimba

Hi guys,
I searched but could not find any Sargeguy's lessons on cup repairs so wanted any feedback available for this current  ebay  item in the  screenshot. Also is a  nice example of recycled perch form 20al to 120al. 
Is this a repair or an incomplete punch out?
Thanks,
Bob Farber

G-Man

Quote from: rfkimba on March 10, 2014, 03:42:21 AM
Hi guys,
I searched but could not find any Sargeguy's lessons on cup repairs so wanted any feedback available for this current  ebay  item in the  screenshot. Also is a  nice example of recycled perch form 20al to 120al. 
Is this a repair or an incomplete punch out?
Thanks,
Bob Farber

Possibly patched when the grommet was removed during the updating process by Western Electric.

tallguy58

I have a black one that has the same thing. I think lots of them came like that. It's a knockout that wasn't knocked out.
Cheers........Bill

Sargeguy

I think some of them had a marking indicating where the hole should be punched (for candlesticks) and others which did not (for wall phones) with the majority having no marking.  The "un-punched" ones must never have been issued during the uninsulated phone era or found their way onto wall phones that used a #5 or #10 transmitter arm and were later recycled.  It is not a repair because the insides of these show no indication of a repair.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409