News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Japanese famous pink Coin OP NTT 675S-A2 technical help

Started by dark_cerberus, May 03, 2016, 09:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dark_cerberus

Hey, and thanks for this forum which is really amazing.
This is my first post so if any changes are needed or rules I have to apply that I did not please let me know.

I acquired more than a year ago a Japanese Coin OP NTT 675S-A2 which is that sort of big pink phone you can see a lot in Japan.

I bought a Dialgizmo in the hope to make it work, and I carelessly thought that just pluging in 3 cables would work.
I just connected my 2 wires from the dialgizmo where the one of the phone were connected (speaker and mic) then pray to make it work. It did work but not for a long time and after doing the same thing it never worked again (also i did that in France then moved the phone to Belgium).

So I'm kind of looking for a guru or anyone what already faced that situation or has an idea how to test option since it's my first time doing that.
Also i can provide pictures or help to unlock the top part since i had no access no keys to open it ( if people are struguling with it)

Thanks a lot

Fabius

Interesting. First I've seem. I have a couple of the Made in ROC Taiwan.

Welcome to the forum.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

dark_cerberus

Hey are they wired like that? Anyone know where to wire the dialgizmo?

Jack Ryan

Is that L1 and L2 with white and red wires connected? Is that the line cord?

If you connect to line without the dialgizmo can you get dial tone and answer calls?

Jack

dark_cerberus

Hey,  yes they are connected but unfortunately I don't have a classical land-line. I been able to make it work once in France but not since I moved to Belgium  with the dial gizmo.
I tried it on a land line buy wasn't successful.
But I been able to dial and her something  so unless I burnt afuse or something it should still work. 

In theory the dial gizmo has to be put on the L1 and L2 right?

Thanks
Romain

Jack Ryan

I don't know anything about the telephone you have so I am guessing somewhat.

What sort of phone line do you have? If it a VoIP line of some sort you should get dial tone and you should be able to answer calls - you may not be able to dial out (that is, make outgoing calls).

What works and what doesn't work?

If you connect L1 and L2 to your phone line:
- do you get dial tone when you lift the handset?
- does the phone ring what you call it from another phone? (I assume it has a bell and can ring)

It is a payphone so it might not work like a normal phone. Some of those phones require a coin to be deposited before you can dial unless a key is switched to "owner" mode. Some have three keys - one for the coin box, one for the mechanism and one to switch between "payphone" and "owner" mode. What do you know about it and how has it worked in the past.

I'm not sure that I can help much but you need to be specific - if something doesn't work, what exactly happens?

Regards
Jack

Fabius

I have my Taiwan version of this phone on voip. I can get calls and get dial tone and can break dial tone put the paystation will only dial out 7 digits anf the voip line wants ten.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

dark_cerberus

Hey Guys,

@Fabius, could you send me a picture to see how you wired your phone?

@Jack Ryan: I did few tests
So the way it's wired on the back is the following
L1  / T1 / R1
L2 / T2 / R2

The phone only respond  and emite a tone when i connect the T1 / T2.
When i try to ring it with my cellphone it's occupied, never been able to make it ring.
Also a wierd thing is I only have tone when i connect the dialgizmo to my rooter, if I put the handset back and take it again I have nothing.
Putting a coin doesn't do anything... and goes straight to the change
The owner switch doesn't seems to do anything since i don't have the key i don't know if the key is vital to it or tuning it do the trick.

In none of the case rotating had any effects :(

There is also a sort of double switch next to the L T R but didn't try to mess with it.
Pictures are attached so you can get a closer look.

I fairly novice in that topic so I dedducting things with commun sense but if there are any articles anything people can point me to, I would be extremely happy to read them and increase my knowledge.

Thanks guys

poplar1

As Jack suggested earlier (Reply #4), it's a good idea to connect it without the Dialgizmo initially, even if that means you can't dial out. At least you can then check for dial tone, etc.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

dark_cerberus

Well to do that I should have a landline right?  Which I don't. Everything is based on my rooter from VOO and it's a cable package so no copper wire landline.
I know the handset is working because i can here some sounds and occasionaly some tones.

poplar1

Since the line is always busy (occupée), it is possible that the Dialgizmo is introducing new problems not related to the Coin Op phone. We are suggesting connecting the phone without Dialgizmo until you get this problem repaired.

Vu que la ligne est toujours occupée, c'est possible que le Dialgizmo introduit de nouveaux problèmes qui n'ont rien à voir avec le  téléphone Coin Op. Nous suggérons de débrancher le Dialgizmo jusqu'à  ce problème (la ligne occupée) soit réparé.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Fabius

Quote from: dark_cerberus on May 11, 2016, 05:14:04 PM
@Fabius, could you send me a picture to see how you wired your phone?

I am out of town a few days and will get the pictures and info to you when I get home.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Jack Ryan

Quote from: dark_cerberus on May 12, 2016, 07:11:02 AM
Well to do that I should have a landline right?  Which I don't. Everything is based on my rooter from VOO and it's a cable package so no copper wire landline.
I know the handset is working because i can here some sounds and occasionaly some tones.

Plug the payphone into your router. I am assuming that you router has VoIP telephone ports on it.

At the moment you have: [Payphone]--------------[DialGizmo]-------------[Router]--------->> Internet

Remove the DialGizmo for testing:  [Payphone]--------------[Router]--------->> Internet

The pictures from Fabius will help - hopefully the board is similar.

Jack

dark_cerberus

Hey guys,

I did that test last night by plugin into the T1/L1 and i experience the same thing like when the dialgizmo was plugged.
So with just the line I only have tone when I plug the cable the first time but nothing after.

This means the problem is either in the phone or the rooter.