Main Menu

Phone stand ID

Started by Nessie, September 14, 2022, 12:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nessie

Can any members provide an info on this phone stands I found? Thanks

dsk

:) Nice!  
I have to admit some language problems, because when I tried to reed the title of the thread, my head told me that it was " Phone stand-in" ;D

HarrySmith

That is a very cool piece of antique furniture. I don't think it has anything to do with phones. Maybe it was designed to hold phones or maybe just as a curio shelf. The built in clock is a nice touch.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

FABphones

Look under the shelves, might be a label to bottom one. Look also around the bottom of the legs. Some of the better manufacturers discretely marked their pieces there.

The clock is probably your best bet to age the unit. What is written on the clock face? Any manufacturer mark or date code to rear of the mechanism?
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

HowardPgh

Clock face says True Time Tellers and in tiny print at the bottom New Haven Clock Co. Clock electric or windup? I think its from the the 30s-50s time frame. Sort of a revival piece.
Howard

FABphones

A photo of the rear of the unit may reveal the clock is simply slotted into a cutout in the wood? Probably wind up.

Photo please Nessie.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Nessie

Thanks, everybody. I found this label on the bottom. Pictured is the label, bsckup of windup clock & the rear door to connect phone & cord. There is a slot on the front for a phone book I beleive.

TelePlay